Violet turns six-months old today!! I'm not sure where the time went, but she is the happiest, sweetest baby, and we are absolutely in love with her. And apparently totally obsessed... H and I find ourselves looking at pictures of her and watching videos when she is asleep at night :)
It's been awhile since I have shared a favorite baby gear post (you see my favorite newborn picks here). Here's a roundup of our favorite 6-month baby things:
1. Baby Bjorn Babysitter with wooden toy. It took Violet a couple of months to get interested in this chair but now she loves it. We use it almost every night to keep her entertained while we eat dinner. She especially loves the wooden toy (we nicknamed the little googly-eye guy Fred and she loves to lick his face!! It's hilarious!!).
2. Joovy Spoon Walker. I LOVE this thing. It allows Violet to be independent and entertain herself (with the help of some suction toys -- wood bead maze + fascination station wheel). She can practice walking (right now she is all about the moonwalk and only goes backwards). I like that I can push her around the house and it gives my arms (and back) a break from holding her. It folds up flat for storage and adjusts to different heights so it'll grow with your baby.
3. Mamas and Papas Baby Snug. We initially used the Joovy Walker as a feeding chair, but then switched to the Mamas and Papas Baby Snug because the seat is easier to wipe down. I like that you can take the teal insert out and continue to use the white exterior chair as the baby grows.
4. Halo SleepSack. We transitioned Vi out of traditional swaddles once it became clear she was breaking out of them in the middle of the night and they were no longer safe. Now she loves sleeping in her muslin SleepSack and I love that it's a safe way for her to have a blanket in the crib.
5. Skip Hop Gray and White Foam Tiles. These neutral tiles are a nice alternative to the bright rainbow option. I put them in our dining room (which has been taken over by Vi's toys) and they make it possible for her to roll around on the otherwise hard, wood floors. I love that you can arrange the tiles into a variety of different patterns (right now we're doing stripes).
6. Freshly Picked Moccasins. These are still a favorite! Violet looks adorable in her little moccasins...even when she's trying to eat them. (check back tomorrow for a giveaway!)
8. Teethers. She has two (!!) teeth trying to poke their way through her gums so she loves teethers. She rotates her IcyBite Hard/Soft Keys and Fruit Gel Teethers c/o Nuby, with her Sophie the Giraffe and WubbaNub duck (which she treats more as a teether than a pacifier...she's still not a fan, and we have given up trying to have her take one).
Happy 1/2 birthday baby girl -- We love you and I can't wait to see what you get into next!