Since Violet was born I've been doing almost all of my shopping online (which if I'm being honest isn't too different from my pre-baby days). But dressing a postpartum body can be a little tricky and there have been a LOT of returns. I feel guilty about returning so much but I guess I still need some time to adjust to my new curves (whoa boobs). Here's a roundup of all the things I have loved this season and the other stuff that didn't make it into my closet:
1. Hi-Neck Tank - This is one of my favorite purchases! This tank is super flattering and I wear it all the time. The fabric is stretchy but it isn't clingy (win/win). I also love the classic black and white stripes (I also ordered the blue and white stripes but I returned it because it was a little too see-through).
2. Softest Lace Racerback Bralette - I searched all over for a racerback nursing bra that I can wear with my collection of racerback tanks this summer. I LOVE this one from Aerie - it's cheap, cute, and I can wear it after I am done nursing. (note: this isn't a traditional nursing bra but it works for me because it's wireless and easy to pull up or down. I typically wear a 34B bra, but to accommodate the new boobs I went with a size Large).
3. Factory Knit Stripe Racerback Maxi Dress - Yes, more black and white stripes :) At first I didn't know if I'd keep this dress but every time I try it on I like it a little more. It's made out of lightweight material (perfect for summers in Charleston). And it's looser than most of the dresses I own, so I'll probably wear a skinny belt with it to create more of a shape. I also like this Solid Blue Maxi Dress.
4. Factory 3" Printed Stretch Chino Short - I LOVE the pattern on these shorts! They will look great with a basic black tank. And I was thrilled that I was able to fit into my old size (thank you stretchy chino fabric!)
and now for the MISSES:
1. Joie A La Plage Sandals - these have been on my wishlist for a while now, so when ShopBop finally had a sale I scooped them up (along with this pair of Yosi Samra sandals). Sadly they were both really uncomfortable, with zero foot support or padding, and I didn't think they were worth the money.
2. Frenchi Woven Swing Tank - I ordered a size small and it was really flowy and unflattering. And I also shouldn't have gone with the periwinkle color (which is currently sold out) -- it made my pale skin look sickly.
3. Pleione Racerback Tank - From the photo online this tank top looks like it has a cute blush and black print. But when I opened up the box I was shocked to see the blush pink is actually hot pink -- not at all my style.
4. Linen Boyfriend Tank - I loved the color of this tank but I was really disappointed with the fit. I I ordered a size Small and HUGE and really unflattering.
What's in your shopping cart?
p.s. here's my last shopping roundup.