The highlight of my weekend was hanging out at my friends rooftop pool. It was so nice to feel warm and soak in a little sun (even if I was wearing SPF 55+). I also got to wear one of my new swimsuits! I'm a little embarrassed about the amount of bathing suits I have ordered and returned these past few months. It was all worth it because I finally found a few amazing suits for the summer (and my trip to the Bahamas!) I ended up with 5 bathing suits (1 old) and they are all within a similar color-range: navy, black, cobalt blue so it's easy to mix and match tops + bottoms. Here's the five (#swimsuithoarder) that made it into my closet:
1. My favorite swimsuit this season is the dark cove paisley triangle bikini top + navy lowrider bottoms. The bikini top has a colorful retro paisley pattern (reminds me of Megan from Mad Men) and pretty gold hardware. The top is comfortable and comes with removable padding. The lowrider bikini bottoms are perfect - they are not too skimpy and provide just the right amount of coverage (believe me I tried a lot of different styles before I found ones that I liked - hooray for free shipping/returns).
2. I loved the triangle bikini top so much I bought it in navy stripes (you can wear the same solid lowrider bottoms! Or buy matching stripe bottoms.) This navy stripe version does not have padding but you can find a similar stripe style (at a lower price) with padding here.
3. It took me a while to decide on a good one-piece. I went back and forth between a navy/white grid dot wrap and a ruched femme black tank one-piece suits. I ended up keeping the ruched femme tank suit! I love love the overall shape of the suit, it has great support on top, a deep v-neck (which makes it more hollywood glam than frumpy) and the figure slimming ruching is ahhmmazing (I predict I'll wear this at the end of my Bahamas trip after lots of key lime pie!)
4. For a strapless option, I love my Beach Club Solid Bandeau + Shirred Bikini Bottoms. (I have this suit in cobalt blue, I got it a few years ago and it still looks like new. The top a great twist detail on the front and it can be worn as a strapless bandeau or halter.
5. My final bikini pick is the Seamed underwire top. I have a similar top and I like to wear it with bright blue bikini bottoms for an easy colorblocking look or matching black for a classic look.
Have you found your dream swimsuit?
Do you prefer bikinis or one-pieces?