tomorrow, h and i are going to my parents house out in the far western burbs for christmas eve and christmas. i love visiting them because the country is so peaceful and quiet-- sooo different from the city. visiting the country also has the tendency to remind me of all the things i love about my home in the city.
1. because every neighborhood is its own awesome universe (I've lived in Lakeview, Logan's Square & West Town--all uniquely awesome)
2. because at least we can dress stylishly in local fashion.
3. because there's awesome food on almost every corner. (h's family is a good influence and this year i have become more adventurous in the food dept- Cuban, Indian, Ethiopian, Persian)
4. because as a center of architectural innovation, we can still strut our stuff.
5. because chicago's own wgn morning news makes my day (every morning). ...ok this wasn't on chicago magazine's list but it should have been.
what do you love about your city?