Welcome to my dressing room! after reading this post on haute apple pie about mom-caves i thought --hey! I have one of those! well sorta like a glorified closet space but i think it still counts.
The room is tiny (9ft x 6ft) and holds the only closet in our apt (h has a similar size dressing room with an armour and lots of shelving AND he has a man/reading cave upstairs that doubles as a guest room). My dressing room was a blank slate when we started to decorate the apt. H painted 3 walls gray and one wall a pretty periwinkle color. I added sick-on circle floral graphics, moved in the furniture and everything was organized v quickly. if i had a little more space i would love to have a desk, but the room works well as a closet.
1. We found an old switch plate when we moved in and i painted it with the periwinkle paint we used for the accent wall.
2. I found these amazing (and easy to use!) wall stick-on graphics here: bloom graphics
3. The iron fleur-de-lis hook is from our trip to new orleans and is perfect for hanging up necklaces.
4. Custom labels to keep my office, gift wrapping supplies, and photographs organized
5. A basket for all of my scarves (it's usually a bit messier than this...)
6. I store some of my shoes in white plastic boxes from the container store. In order to see what is inside I cut down old plastic photo protector pages down to size, taped them to the boxes and inserted photos of the shoes.